The importance of IRON!

Here's the link for more info: 
I've had iron deficiency/anaemia a few of times in the past 20 to 30 years and therefore know a little about it. It's truly exhausting and is one of the things my doctor is currently running blood tests for due to my fatigue issues. 
So I was brushing up my knowledge with a quick Google search and was surprised about the loss of iron through sweat! I sweat a ton when I'm active especially in the warm summer months and thought drinking electrolyte fluids was a good enough strategy to compensate but they don't include iron! I'll be taking iron supplements through summer in future to help minimise my risk of anaemia!
The human body is so complex! And many fitness accounts share the same trendy content again and again because it gets traction. But there are so many vital minerals and vitamins to consider and your individual body and eating preferences will impact absorption and depletion of them. 


Popular Posts