Chronic Illness Life

I've had chronic illness issues since about 2004. 
In 2006 I had a major flare and ended up in hospital, it took me two years to feel "well" again. 
Drs haven't been much help during flares in the past, so I generally try to avoid them unless I'm desperate. 
For the past four months I've struggled with excruciating fatigue. I've learnt to keep up with exercise from several nasty flares in the past that resulted in significant muscle deconditioning. But today I finally decided I can no longer cope with continuing strenuous exercise during my current flare. Gentle exercise will be my focus for now. 
I've made a doctor's appointment for later this week, I'll definitely insist on some blood tests to rule out some common fatiguing or inflammatory medical conditions. 
Every year this body struggles with something different. Life would certainly be easier if flares were predictable in their course and symptoms! This year there's a new weird symptom which is this blotchy/mottled skin effect that happens when I'm active
It doesn't hurt but I do feel extremely fatigued when it's present. It dissipates quickly when I'm seated and resting. 


Popular Posts