Ambulatory and Pain Free

Today I got my stitches out!

It's over two weeks since my plantar fascia release surgery. 
I'm pain free. 
The surgeon has approved me putting my crutches back in storage and transitioning to no medical boot within the next two weeks! 

Yahoo! 

So I can remove the boot for some things like shower/bath, physio etc. 
It was great to be able to have a bath this afternoon for the first time in two weeks instead of showering with my leg in a bag whilst sitting on a stool. 
I'm also able to use my original low medical boot instead of the awful post surgery, knee-high, mammoth medical boot that has been very hot in our 40+ degree Celsius (100+'f) hot weather this week.  

So it's time to start reclaiming my active lifestyle slowly! 

Starting tomorrow with some seated,  kneeling,  prone and supine yoga. 

The doctor has also approved walking laps in the pool later this week once the wound dries up a little more.

I can't wait to get back to all my favourite outdoor recreation activities!

  • Hiking
  • Cycling
  • Mountain Biking
  • Walking the dog's
  • Snorkeling
  • Swimming
  • Kayaking
  • Golf
I'll ease into it all,  but it's exciting to think about being able to do it pain free at last!

Popular Posts