Hypermobility and Hips

I have a hypermobility spectrum disorder that causes many issues with my joints. Of particular concern are my hips which often subluxate (partial dislocation) but I recently found a brace that helps:
I don't wear it around my leg as shown in the Amazon images though, I simply wrap it tightly around my hips and have found it offers amazing support! 

It also decreases my discomfort and pain
Preventing my hip subluxations has potential to prevent long term joint damage that the subluxations can cause. 
For most people hip dislocations require a massive trauma such as a car accident. So imagine how unstable my hips (and other joints) must be to enable them to frequently sublux!?!
FYI
Hypermobility is caused by my body processing collagen differently to 'normal' people. Taking collagen supplements doesn't help because it's a processing problem not a deficiency. 


Popular Posts