The Importance of Fitness Goals

Fitness goals help you reach towards where you see yourself in the future. They are especially important when you are having a hard time! 

This summer I planned to cycle more than last year and yesterday that goal made me push myself to get on the bike even though I was struggling for energy earlier in the day. 

Once I was on the bike I set a goal of doing a ten mile ride and even though it wasn't easy I got to the ten miles! 
It was a warm day so I spent 42 mins of the hour ride in the red heart rate zone! 
So goals work if they are truly things you want to achieve. 

If you are struggling with achieving goals consider two things:

Is the goal achievable?
If your goal isn't realistic you will struggle with motivation.

Do you really want to achieve it or do you just think you should because of external pressures?
Society puts a lot of pressure on us to excel at everything and to be able to "do it all" these days and it's often not realistic! 

Remember goals should be:
Specific
Achievable/Realistic
Measurable


Popular Posts