5 Trailrun Tips for Beginners

Today I had my annual physical so whilst I was out and about it was a great time for trail running! I chose a different trail than usual for the second week in a row and really enjoyed it, the trail was in better condition which was excellent!

The rolling hills are so green and there's tons of pretty wildflowers ❤️👌☀️
This trail running is all new to me this Spring but I'm enjoying the new challenge! 
Here are 5 tips for beginner trail runners:
1. Wear good shoes that support your feet well
2. Choose trails in good condition (avoid uneven trails with lots of rocks and tree roots etc)
3. Start with intervals of run/walk 
4. Walk up the hills and run down
5 Start with a short distance (I started with 1 mile trails) 
I like to have several trails to choose from, this is the third local trail I have tried so far. 
The wildflowers were pretty today.
But the view is fabulous. 



Popular Posts