Wellness

By far the fitness industry buzz word of 2020 was WELLNESS!

I hate the popularity of this term because it is such a broad term. An umbrella term like that encompasses such concepts as mental health, physical health and even spiritual health. 

I prefer to speak in specifics about each area rather than use such a vague term. I think people struggling daily to be their best selves deserve an industry that empowers them by providing very specific information about strategies and tools that can be used to improve your daily life. I am as specific as possible in writing content for this blog.

Imagine you are goal setting for 2021 and you set a goal "Improved Wellness". Goal writing theory states that goals should be specific, attainable and measurable. Is that goal measurable? Is that goal specific? No, so there are far better ways to address our needs than just thinking of overall wellness. We are complex entities with a complex array of needs! 

Here is an interesting article regarding wellness if you'd like to see what others have to say about wellness in pandemic times:

https://fashionista-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/fashionista.com/.amp/2021/01/health-wellness-industry-experts-2021?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Ffashionista.com%2F2021%2F01%2Fhealth-wellness-industry-experts-2021

Wellness is about my most loathed fitness industry buzz word! I clearly like to deal with specifics! 

Click on my What's the BUZZ tab for more buzz word analysis.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks and months for my take on how many of these fitness industry BUZZ words are unnecessary, misused, outdated and/or offensive to many who don't fit into the mainstream fitness industry version of normal.

I will be recording some podcasts this year about specific topics within the wellness umbrella, I think that is more useful than further discussion about wellness as a whole! Click on my Podcast link in the left sidebar to find them.

Popular Posts