Perceptions

I truly don't see myself as fat, that word isn't a part of my vocabulary of descriptors for my body.
I hate that some people still define others firstly by their size!
I know I am curvy and technically obese but I am fit enough to do so many things! That is my focus! What can I do and what do I want to work towards being able to do?
Right now I am focused on indoor workouts particularly yoga inversions on my Feet Up due to the Colorado winter weather but for well over a decade I have been working on my fitness. in a multitude of ways:
Bottom left, that image of me and hubby changing a bike tire was taken well over a decade ago, I was younger and looked fitter but I am the same adventure seeking cyclist as I was then and actually I am capable of much harder cycling feats these days like cycling up Colorado's mountains.

I have experienced so many activities during those years:
  • Tai chi & Qi gong
  • Yoga
  • Golf
  • Cycling
  • Hiking
  • Walking
  • Strength training
  • Aqua aerobics
  • Swimming
  • Stair climbs
So if you define me first by my size...
That is on you, you are lacking a basic understanding of what it is to be human. Humanity is about experiences. Every single day we are driven by our need to experience our world the best way we know how. 
Your hubris is not becoming believe me! 
So reassess the way you perceive people! A major factor people often overlook is that how you see yourself influences how you see others! Do you think you are 'better' than me - if so I again cite hubris!


Popular Posts