2 Ways to Feel In Control

Sometimes life is just hard. 

That's when we can struggle with energy and motivation.

Here are my two tips for when you feel demotivated due to stress/sadness etc.
  1. Meal prep
  2. Do some cardio (even a walk counts) 

Meal prep makes us feel organized and ready! 
Even if it's relatively simple meal prep. Today I was making salads for dinner so I made some for the next two nights as well whilst I was at it. It really doesn't take much more time to make six salads instead of two. 
Tip: Use sealable containers and add a piece of paper towel to the bottom of the containers for salads to keep it fresh and ensure it's dry on the bottom. Remove the paper towel to serve and add desired dressing:
And cardio exercise can boost our mood!

I cycled almost 5 miles today to get more miles done for the Trevor Project Pride Ride fundraiser.
But cardio doesn't have to be cycling, here are a few other ideas:
  • Walking
  • Walking with small walking dumbbells
  • Zumba
  • Stair climbing
  • Hiking
  • Tennis
  • Swimming
  • Aqua Aerobics
  • Running
  • Trail running

I also taught a one hour yoga class today as well which boosted my mood.


All sorts of things can demotivated us. For me this week it was the death of our eldest beloved dog Ebony.


Popular Posts